Sunday, February 10, 2013

Week 2 Reflection


This week’s class chronicled our initial journey through the world of poetry, and it was definitely a positive experience! The atmosphere was light and welcoming, ensuring the free exchange of ideas and interpretations, which is not always the case when it comes to poetry. I enjoyed the works we read out loud and particularly appreciated the different viewpoints that our class presented. The discussion of poetry itself and its proper definition cast light onto the often elusive nature of the literary form and illustrated the complexity of poems--both in its creative and analytic aspects. Although I’m not too ecstatic about the creative writing of poetry that’s coming up, I am enjoying my exploration of the 100 Best-Loved poems for my poetry analysis paper. It is difficult to choose which poem to focus on, but my research is pointing me towards either Frost’s “A Road Not Taken,” Keats's "Ode to a Grecian Urn," or Whitman’s “O Captain! My Captain!”

1 comment:

  1. A word of warning: professor doesn't want us to analyze a poem that has been used for class. Frost's poem and Whitman's poem is out.

    ReplyDelete